Whether you are looking for a part time job or a life long career, applying as a volunteer or maybe considering your own horse, we have a new program that meets your needs
Safety, consistency, time management and best practices are keys to horses
As an employee, volunteer, horse owner – you want to understand how to correctly do a few things to start. As an employer, you want someone with a solid set of basic skills, horse related but also a good work ethic, time management, critical thinking, and solid communication skills. This can be lacking across the industry.
Our First Course is Sat-Sunday March 13-14th 2021
- Horse handling – how to catch, halter, lead, go thru gates and turn out procedures
- Mucking- types of shavings, how to muck quickly but efficiently. Bedding for injuries and stall rest
- Nutrition and feeding protocols
- Wound treatment
- Tie, groom and bath a horse (learn quick release knots, cross ties, ground tie)
- Tack – the basics
- Colic – how to spot it and what to do
- Lameness- spot the first signs of lameness
- Hoof Abcesses- how to spot and treatTime Management – learn how to accomplish your tasks
- Getting a job How to find one, and what questions should you ask of your potential employer? Are you looking for full or part time? This course will help you bring much needed knowledge!
Class goes 10-3pm March 13th-14thCost $150 for the two days, bring a packed lunch and a refillable water
Long hours, in all weather conditions, with horses that are not always cooperative. Working with horses might be tougher than you think!
COMING IN JUNE (7th-11th)
A week long immersion course with well known professionals here each day to cover specific careers in addition to delving into the above topics in depth! This will be a fairly fast paced week!